Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Compensation Process

Determining how to compensate someone for their performance can be a difficult process. As I read Chapter 11 The Compensation Process, it made the process seem even more difficult. Often time with this type of process, there is a lot of gray area.

As a teacher, you often hear that we don't get paid enough for the job that we do. I happen to agree with this statement. However, being a teacher is a goal that I have had since the third grade. I had an amazing teacher that inspired me to continue her work as an adult. Going into the teaching profession, I knew that I would never be rich. This was no big secret, but at the same time I didn't care. If I did, I certainly wouldn't be a teacher. I believe that I was put on this earth to be a teacher and I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way.

In this chapter I especially found the History of the Single Salary Schedule interesting. My great grandmother was a teacher in the early 1900's so I found it very interesting to see how the process has changed since then.

Generally speaking, as long as I can pay my bills and by things for my classroom, I am not going to fuss much about my salary. There are definitely more important things in life than money (although money is sometimes helpful!) :)

Thanks for reading,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment